Formentera is the smallest of Spain’s Balearic islands in the Mediterranean Sea. Formentera is a popular day-trip destination in the summertime. Especially as it is easily reachable by ferry from its more crowded, better known island neighbor, Ibiza.
Known for its clear waters and long stretches of beach backed by dunes and pine trees. Pastimes on the island include snorkeling and sailing, with equipment rentals and boat charters easily available.
Formentera – We Bet You Didn’t Know…
- Formentera is the smallest and most southerly of the Balearic Islands
- Up to the 1980’s, salt was the main product of Formentera
- Formentera doesn’t have an airport and this helps to keep the island fairly exclusive
- The island is very arid and mainly covered in rosemary, which grows wild everywhere
- Between 1348 and 1697 Formentera was left uninhabited for fear of pirate raids!
If you would like to visit Formentera then call our team at Holiday Hamster on 08000 988 955. ‘Wheel Run Around For You’ in order to plan your perfect holiday to this beautiful Balearic island.