Croatia is an Eastern European country with a long coastline on the Adriatic Sea. It is crossed by the Dinaric Alps and encompasses more than a thousand islands. Its capital, Zagreb, is distinguished by its diverse museums and medieval Gornji Grad (Upper Town). The major coastal city Dubrovnik has massive 16th-century walls encircling an Old Town with Gothic and Renaissance buildings.
Croatia – We Bet You Didn’t Know…
- Croatia is home wot the world popular dog breed the Dalmatian.
- The world’s smallest town “Hum” resides in the land of Croatia.
- Croatia is the 127th largest country in the world.
- King’s Landing from the TV series Game of Thrones is actually set in Croatian Dubrovnik.
- Croatia has 1,246 islands, isles and inlets to sail through.