Jamaica is an island nation, located in the Caribbean. It has a lush topography of mountains, reef-lined beaches and rainforests. When visiting Jamaica, choose from one of the many all-inclusive resorts, which are clustered in the famous Montego Bay, known for its British-colonial architecture. Negril, on the west of the island, is known for its diving and snorkelling sites.
The island is famed as the birthplace of reggae music and Jamaica’s capital, Kingston, is home to the Bob Marley Museum which is dedicated to the famous singer.
Jamaica – We Bet You Didn’t Know…
- In 2012, the population of Jamaica was estimated to be around 2.9 million.
- Jamaica has 8 native snake species, but relax, none of them are venomous.
- On his second voyage to the New World in 1494, the tip of the Blue Mountains in Jamaica was the first land sighted by Christopher Columbus.
- Languages spoken in Jamaica include Jamaican Patois and Jamaican English.
- Jamaica was the first tropical country to enter the IOC Winter Olympics. The bobsleigh team’s efforts inspired the film ‘Cool Runnings’.
If you would like to visit Jamaica then call our team at Holiday Hamster on 08000 988 955. ‘Wheel Run Around For You’ in order to plan your perfect holiday to this Caribbean destination.