Explore and uncover a city packed with historical astonishment, eye-popping artistic splendour and designer shops, not to mention culinary temptation at every turn.
- The ‘Way of the Cross’ procession on Good Friday is a true sight to behold. The Pope leads a torchlight walk from the Colosseum to the Palatine Hill to commemorate Christ’s last walk.
- Rome holds its International Film Festival in October/November and stars of the big screen take to the red carpet for screenings, panels and retrospective.
- Lovers of Jazz descend on Rome in November earn a host of international artists perform across the city.
- In December, head to Piazza Navona where you will find Rome’s biggest Christmas market complete with Santa Claus and and ice skating rink.
- Take in the sights of the Roman Empire, visit the Colosseum and Forum as well as the Pantheon and step into history.
- Enjoy a gelato from one of the many ice cream shops whilst sitting in the piazza and people watching.
- Head to Vatican City for a glimpse of Michelangelo’s stunning Sistine Chapel and a tour of the vast museum. While you’re there it is tradition to give St Peter’s foot a rub.
- Hit the shops of the lavish Galleria Alberto Sordi, which is jam packed with designer names. If they are a bit out of your price range then it’s worth a visit just to soak up the atmosphere.